This Privacy Statement sets out how we handle your personal data. You can be confident that we handle your personal data with due care. We, Effective Foundation, are the controller of your personal data.
This Privacy Statement is intended for you, if:
- • you are a community member of Effective Giving;
- • you or your company showed interest to get in touch with Effective Giving through our website;
- • you have been connected to the Effective Giving network at some point in the last 24 years;
We collect personal data you provide when interacting with Effective Giving via telephone, website, in person or over email. Furthermore, we ask for personal data when you enter into a contract with us. We will process your personal data, or that of your related individuals, for carrying out business or contact with you.
Further information concerning why we process personal data will be set out in this Privacy Statement.
Personal data is information that says something about you. The best-known forms of personal data are your name, address, email address, telephone number, age and date of birth. Personal data also includes your bank account number and your IP-address.
Further to this, there are several special categories of personal data. An example of a special category of personal data that we may process, is your passport photograph. This type of personal data is more sensitive.
What legal basis for processing do we have?
Processing of personal data is only allowed when it is based on one of the “grounds” permitted by law. We only use your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
• Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; and
• Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of Effective Giving, such as staying in contact.
We may only use special categories of personal data if this is permitted by law or if consent for this specific processing is obtained. In all other situations, we are prohibited from using sensitive personal data.
For what purpose do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help make our operations, business development and services as effective, reliable and efficient as possible. This is done for either one of the following purposes, depending on the nature of your relationship with us:
• Staying in contact with members and other network relations (e.g. potential giving opportunities);
• Sending invoices for events;
• Complying with tax and regulatory requirements; and
• Complying with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and other financial laws.
Service providers using your personal data
Sometimes it is necessary to provide your personal data to third party companies that perform services on behalf of Effective Giving. We only work with service providers that comply with the GDPR.
Email service provider
If you have given us your name and email for purposes of communication, your email address is shared with our email service provider. Through this service, we take use of email tracking technology that records your IP address and data on when you open an email or click on links therein. This data will be used only in automated ways to help improve timing and content of future messages and/or to prioritise follow-ups based on perceived communications relevance. No further personal data will be saved.
Service providers outside Europe
We may occasionally share personal data with other companies or organisations outside Europe. In that case, we ensure that either the country has adequate equivalent protections, or that we have concluded separate agreements with those parties, and that these agreements comply with the European standard.
This Privacy Statement was most recently amended on the 25th of May 2018.